Based in Newcastle upon Tyne, Ubisoft Reflections is a lead studio with a 35-year heritage and known for technical innovation, creating immersive worlds and vehicle & driving technology. The studio has collaborated with creative teams from other Ubisoft studios from around the world to contribute to the creation of some of the industry’s most acclaimed AAA games, the most recent of which include Watch Dogs Legion, Tom Clancy’s The Division & The Division 2, Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands as well as ground-breaking in-house projects, such as the award-winning Grow Home and Grow Up series. Job Description
mplement the best processes, methods and tools to manage the delivery of a project’s major feature(s) in the allocated time, at the required quality with efficient use of resources. Improve and optimise the production process using key understanding of the gaming market, leadership and/or technology.
- Master skills and knowledge in leadership, marketing and/or technology to advise and direct the project team;
- Manage and be accountable for the quality and complete delivery of part(s) of the project or SKU with more significant corporate impact whilst having a content and a player-driven focus;
- Provide reports on tasks and issues relating to project management and the project as a whole, both within the team and the studio and build relationships with those outside the studio;
- Assess and manage risks and raise issues associated with the project;
- Collaborate with leads in order to plan effectively in accordance with timescales;
- Work directly with the team and encourage discussions in order to get results and reach target deliverables;
- Identify and implement innovative and optimal solutions to complex issues;
- Uses expertise and knowledge to help guide the project’s production processes and develop best practices;
- Be involved with team activities in order to ensure a positive team morale;
- Organise and define what is required from the team whilst managing the team and the project in the short term;
- Anticipate potential issues relating to the project and plan in accordance with these issues;
- Optimise development and improve efficiency within the project team to reach the targeted deliverables and improve outcomes;
- Optimise the use of the budget relating to the project and measure the financial impact and value of the team’s plans;
- Act as an internal reference on all project management topics.
Skills and Knowledge
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and communication skills;
- Ability to quickly adapt to change, and work effectively under pressure;
- In depth knowledge of the video game industry and production processes;
- In depth knowledge of video game market, qualities of leadership and/or knowledge of technology;
- Ability to manage competing priorities;
- Excellent knowledge of issue and project management software (e.g. Jira) and other task tracking tools;
- Extensive knowledge of the Microsoft suite e.g. Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint and Outlook;
- Extensive knowledge of common project management methodologies (e.g. Agile).
- 5+ years’ relevant experience as an Associate Producer with significant involvement in 3 or more published games;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience;
- Experience in the video game industry is essential;
- Experience in team management is essential.
Benefits & Relocation
Flexible working, 22 days annual leave + Christmas shutdown, private healthcare (with option to add immediate family), life insurance & income protection, workplace pension scheme, paid volunteering days, annual fitness & well-being allowance, games, technology & merchandise, subsidised travel and many more...
Relocation assistance is available to anyone currently living 50 miles or more from the studio location. Please contact a member of the talent acquisition team to find out what we have to offer and how we can support with your move here... relocation really doesn't have to be a daunting prospect.
Find out more about Ubisoft Reflections:
Ubisoft Reflections & Ubisoft Leamington is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.