What sort of work would I be involved in?
You will be developing a range of multifunctional RF PCB and Module designs using the latest technologies available and enhancing your understanding of key design and manufacture processes.
Great work life balance.
Life shouldn't be all work and no play. That's why we offer brilliant benefits like half days on Fridays, flexible hours, gym memberships, and many other incentives to make life great. Not to forget, our award-winning pension scheme.
Note, that due to the nature of the tasks involved, you will have to achieve full SC security clearance, and may need to satisfy further UK eyes only and ITAR conditions.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Full hardware lifecycle for our products: from system concept, through detailed design and prototyping, test and verification, system integration and support in production;
- Creating high quality and robust designs, for fully documenting and recording your work products, keeping them under configuration management and providing plans and progress reports;
- Developing a range of multifunctional RF PCB and Module designs using the latest technologies available and enhancing your understanding of key design and manufacture processes;
- Carrying out all detail design activities from requirements capture to design verification;
- Ensuring design reviews are completed successfully;
- Preparing robust manufacturing data packs and provide technical support to sub-contracts and engineering interface with manufacturing;
- Working closely with Systems, Test and Electronics engineers you will be solving real integration problems on complex systems.
We encourage our Engineers to find and follow their passion. We offer fantastic opportunities for learning, development and professional growth. Your career will be massively varied. Join us, and you will be constantly reinventing and developing your technical skillset from one project to the next. Learning on the job isn't just a benefit - it's a must.
Where is our Edinburgh site?
The Leonardo site is at Crewe Toll in the North West of Edinburgh, a 10-15 minute bus ride from the city centre. You will be working within a vibrant capital city, with excellent transport links and walking distance to various key destinations. Free parking is provided on site.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
In order to be considered for this role you will have previous experience or knowledge in;
- Microwave PCB materials & design techniques
- Microwave Sub-System Design;
- Design of complex microwave switch matrix;
- Application of microwave GaAs/GaN MMIC
- Design of complex passive microwave structures;
- EM 3D and 2D simulation techniques;
- Non-linear circuit simulation
- Microwave component selection
- Requirements capture and management and
- Design for manufacture and cost