You will work as part of a team of five employment lawyers deliver pragmatic advice and solutions in relation to complex employment law matters. You will work as part of a team providing professional and pro-active employment law support to internal customers and ensure compliance with the company's policies and procedures.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work as part of the Head Office Legal function, reporting into the Chief Counsel and working closely with relevant stakeholders across the business, developing strong business relationships. You will be expected to work as a true SME within employment law using your expertise to partner with the businesses.
- To provide in depth, professional and pro-active employment law support on a cross business and business specific basis to internal customers (whether HR/Legal or other)
- To provide training on matters of law and policy to various functional and business areas.
- To contribute to the wider BAE Systems legal function as and when required.
- To assist in the efficient use of external counsel.
- To assist in ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Provide accuracy/promptness and clarity of advice (whether written or oral) – to the internal customer’s satisfaction.
- Ensuring objective provision of advice and relationships maintained with customers.
- Sharing of knowledge and guidance to other members of the legal team, HR and other functions.
- Continuing to develop technical skills.
- Using external resource efficiently and ensuring it is business focussed.
- Qualified solicitor or barrister with employment law experience at a leading law firm or appropriate in-house employment law experience.
- Ideally looking for candidates from NQ- 3 years PQE (previous employment law experience is essential for this role).
- Good negotiation, influencing and drafting skills.
- Good people and resource management skills.
A competitive salary and benefits package and the chance to work with an international market leader. Benefits package includes: competitive pension scheme, company car or cash equivalent, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. Additional benefits include: employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. You will also be entitled to participate in the company’s Annual Incentive Plan.
For a confidential discussion about this position or to apply, please contact:
David Thomson, Director
London: 0203 174 2482