This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic personality to join EY’s specialist Private Capital team based in London. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work with our excellent existing clients and intermediaries, providing a great opportunity to build and expand their network and be instrumental in winning new business.
Your key responsibilities
- Build and maintain relationships with clients
- Proactive business development to win new work
- High level management of the successful delivery of technically complex and demanding consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business orientated approach taken
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training our team
- Role in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and also through managing junior staff development and assignments
- Technical and practical knowledge and experience in advising UK and non UK domiciled individuals and families, in particular inheritance tax and funds
- Client focused and strategically and commercially aware
- Strong client relationship management skills with ability to develop quality outputs to clients
- Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Enthusiastic team player with ability to create, sustain and lead effective teams
- Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day leadership of delivery team
- ACA / CA / Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course / Law qualification / Tax specialist qualification / or breadth of knowledge equivalent to a Tax specialist qualification
- Strong tax technical skills
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Experience of coaching and developing more junior staff
- A pragmatic approach to problem solving;
- A commitment to deliver results;
- A desire to take on responsibility; and
- The ability to motivate a team; manage, mentor and train junior staff and work with people from across the business.
We are looking for motivated, driven accounting professionals who want varying responsibilities and stimulating career.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Track your opportunities.
EY Careers site
Visit the to explore our culture, hear from our people and learn why an EY career is so valuable.