Due to an increasing workload across a number of key development projects, Leonardo in Edinburgh is currently recruiting for Senior/Principal Electronics Engineers into our Radar business to work in our MMIC development team. We are a close- knit, skilled design team working at the cutting edge of engineering for Aerospace and Defence.
What sort of work would I be involved in?
You will be involved in the full hardware lifecycle for our products: From system concept, through detailed design and prototyping, test and verification, system integration and support in production. You will develop a range of multifunctional MMIC designs using the latest technologies available and enhancing your understanding of key design and manufacture processes. You will have opportunity to influence the future path of hardware development within the organisation.
Great work life balance.
Life shouldn't be all work and no play. That's why we offer brilliant benefits like half days on Fridays, flexible hours, gym memberships, and many other incentives to make life great. Not to forget, our award-winning pension scheme.
Note, that due to the nature of the tasks involved, you will have to achieve full SC security clearance, and may need to satisfy further UK eyes only and ITAR conditions.
Key Responsibility Areas
As a MMIC Development Engineer you will be involved in;
- Full hardware lifecycle for our products: From system concept, through detailed design and prototyping, test and verification, system integration and support in production.
- Create high quality and robust designs, for fully documenting and recording your work products, keeping them under configuration management and providing plans and progress reports.
- Develop a range of multifunctional MMIC designs using the latest technologies available and enhancing your understanding of key design and manufacture processes.
- Provide technical support to MMIC foundries and interface with engineering functions through manufacture, development and production test verification.
- Work closely with Systems, Test and Electronics engineers you will be solving real integration problems on complex systems.
- Dependent on experience, supervise a small team, taking responsibility for planning and managing the workload for both you and the team, ensuring robust engineering solutions are in place.
We encourage our Engineers to find and follow their passion. We offer fantastic opportunities for learning, development and professional growth. Your career will be massively varied. Join us, and you will be constantly reinventing and developing your technical skillset from one project to the next. Learning on the job isn’t just a benefit – it’s a must.
Where is our Edinburgh site?
The Leonardo site is at Crewe Toll in the North West of Edinburgh, a 10-15 minute bus ride from the city centre. You will be working within a vibrant capital city, with excellent transport links and walking distance to various key destinations. Free parking is provided on site.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
In order to be considered for this role you will ideally have;
- Experience working in a similar electronics role and level.
- First or second Degree in Electronic Engineering (BSc, BEng, MEng, MSc, PhD, EngD) or a related science with specialisation in RF/Microwave circuit design and test. This will ideally include S-parameter manipulation; EM simulation; Non-linear circuit simulation and modelling, matching network design and Microwave component selection.
- Expert knowledge in one or more of AWR Microwave office, CST Microwave studio, Agilent ADS, or AWR Visual System Simulator would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and practical design experience of some of the following; MMIC HPA; Vector Control Chip; LNA and wideband switch and phase shifter design techniques; Microwave test including advanced calibration, de-embedding techniques and RFoW; GaAs/GaN MMIC or SiGe RFIC foundry technologies; familiarity.