Site Maintenance Officer
Full-Time; 37.5 hours per week
£8.72 per hour
Caring Homes is delighted to announce our care home Beechwood Park located in Alloa, Clackmannanshire is recruiting for a Site Maintenance Officer. The home is designed around the needs of its residents and will provide the highest level of care.
As Site Maintenance Officer you will be responsible for all general maintenance and upkeep duties to ensure a safe and attractive environment for residents and staff with minimal disruption to the home.
- You will be carrying out various odd jobs such as performing repairs, maintaining property, performing renovations as and when required and tending to the grounds, mechanical and electrical systems, specialist equipment and all of its general contents.
- Minor repairs to furniture, doors and undertake carpentry when required
- Assist with home closures and openings, moving furniture, transporting equipment as required
- Undertake minor electrical repairs
- Unblock sinks, maintain dustbin area and fencing around the property
- Undertake all decorating requirements
- Complete weekly and monthly statutory tests to ensure compliance is maintained in the home
- Carry out audits and make sure records are kept up-to-date.
- And, whether you’re replacing a tap or mixer valve, fitting a new extractor fan, repairing the timber on a bedroom window or putting up new wallpaper in the dining room, you’ll do so with a sense of kindness above anything else.
- To have previous, relevant experience in an appropriate skill (e.g. plumbing or carpentry), or in a similar role with ideally minimum of 2 years maintenance experience
- Knowledge of COSHH regulations
- Knowledge of Management of Health and Safety at Work regulation 1992
- Understanding the terms ‘Hazard’ and ‘Risk’
- Hold a valid UK Driving Licence
- To be willing to work flexibly in accordance with the needs of the service
- Paid annual leave 28 days per year (based on hours / pro rata) inclusive of bank holidays
- Excellent on-going training from day one and throughout your career
- Salary scales and progression with internal promotions available, we are a large organisation!
- Enhanced pay for working Christmas and Boxing day & Bank Holidays
- Long service awards / Recognition programme
- Refer a friend bonus scheme (earn up to £1000)
- Employee discount scheme, high street vouchers, e-vouchers, holidays, cinema and restaurants
Please click 'APPLY' or contact us to discuss the opportunity in further detail.
“We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age"
Caring Homes Group