At Biffa, we love working with waste. Whether we’re turning it into sustainable power, finding new ways to recycle it or simply keeping it off the streets, we believe every day is an opportunity to improve the lives of millions. It’s a view that’s shared by our 7,500+ people around the country, who trust us to provide them with a career that’s always rewarding, often challenging, but never dull. And it’s why we’re the UK’s No. 1 choice for business waste management.
Help us make a difference as Regional Finance Business Partner based in and around Glasgow or Newcastle.
A quick look at the role:
The Regional Finance Business Partner will be an effective member of the financial and divisional management teams, producing robust, reliable, accurate financial information for their respective regions. Participating in continual performance improvement through the leading and implementation of key projects and processes for their respective regions.
Why it’s an opportunity not to be wasted:
- Primary contact for the Regional General Manager and regional team for all financial matters.
- Ensuring Biffa’s financial controls and processes are followed.
- Reviewing monthly account reconciliations.
- Recommending and preparing financial business cases for investment, capital expenditure and change programmes resulting in cash flow and profit improvement.
- Proactively seeking and recommending profit improvement suggestions for the region in conjunction with the RGM.
- Ensuring regional period-end close and submissions are made on time and in full.
- Preparing regional re-forecasting and budgeting.
- Leading the investigation and query resolutions for any issues that arises on the depot and Transfer station P&Ls.
- Maintaining other key performance data as required.
- Work alongside like-minded professionals
- Join a forward-thinking, industry leader that openly welcomes self-driven individuals and gives them the autonomy and responsibility to make a difference.
Here’s what we require:
- Graduate qualified accountant CIMA, ACCA or ACA or equivalent.
- Experience of working with and supporting operational, commercial staff across multiple locations is desirable.
- Management accounting experience gained in the service, logistics or waste industries an advantage.
- Organised with the ability to plan and prioritise
- Able think laterally and problem solve effectively.
- Computer literate, advanced excel skills necessary.
- To be flexible and have the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and influence others to accomplish goals and objectives
- A record of initiating and implementing technology based changes and process improvements
And here’s why you’ll love it at Biffa:
- You’ll be joining a growing company that is already an industry leader and has a clear purpose
- We have a collaborative and inclusive culture
- Very competitive salary + excellent benefits
- Ongoing career development, training and coaching – because if you don’t grow, we don’t grow
- Generous pension scheme
- Medical and dental scheme
- Retail and leisure discounts
- Holiday and travel discounts
- Plus much more……
At Biffa we believe different ideas, perspective and backgrounds are key to developing a creative working environment that delivers real results. It’s why you’ll find us championing diversity and equality at every turn.
AGENCIES NEED NOT APPLY