As we continue to grow our EMEA Finance Shared Service Centre we have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior Manager Accounts Payable to join us, to lead our EMEA Procure to Pay team based in our Centre of Excellence in Paisley.
You will work with a range of EMEA stakeholders to lead the accounts payable function, while providing leaderships to your direct reports and the wider team. This role has ownership of the EMEA Procure to Pay function supporting a number of groups to drive Thermo Fisher Scientific's growth strategy and provide a source of competitive advantage to the function.
This is a great time to join a forward thinking global organisation which offers unlimited career opportunities
What will you do?
- Lead day to day activities of the EMEA accounts payable function
- Ensure AP-related month-end close deadlines are met, including KPIs and all deliverables within the agreed timescales
- Lead the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure clear guidance is provided to the EMEA accounts payable functions, ensuring full compliance at all times
- Ensure up to date knowledge of law pertaining EMEA Accounts Payable, eg indirect tax & european VAT
- Ensure professional, valuable & consistent coaching, mentoring and performance management of your team
- Manage integration of new businesses into the EMEA Finance Shared Service Centre
- Support key projects such as AP-related integrations and AP-related system implementations stakeholders
- Ambitious and driven experienced people leader with significant experience leading a P2P function in a pan european, multi national organisation
- Strong leadership skills, especially in influencing cross functional teams and developing people, ideally gained within a fast paced Shared Service centre
- Experience of managing complex projects
- High level of proactivity to drive continuous improvement
- Previous technical EMEA accounts payable knowledge
- Strong integrative problem solver; able to create pragmatic, customer focused operational solutions that improve operating efficiency
- Excellent people management and development skills
- Strong listening, verbal and written communication level
- SME knowledge in dealing with Cforia, SAP & E1 ERP systems, Microsoft Office package, etc.
- Proven track record of solid judgment and decision-making ability
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards
- Problem-solving and analytical ability
- Manages time effectively and adapts quickly to changing priorities
- Team player who works productively with wide range of levels
- Superior organisational skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Skilled level of analysing and interpreting financial statements
- Advanced knowledge of accounting principles
- improve operating efficiency
- Free car parking
- On site gym - subsidised
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Generous Annual Incentive Plan
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon.
With Thermo Fisher Scientic, it's not just a career. It's a chance to realise your best - professionally and personally.
Thermo Fisher Scientific
is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Thermo Fisher Scientific