BNY Mellon is an investments company. We provide investment management, investment services and wealth management that help institutions and individuals succeed in markets all over the world. In the region of Europe, the Middle East, and Africa, which we have been serving since the 1900s, we deliver services to a broad range of clients seeking access to global capital markets
Title of the position
Senior Representative - Compliance & Control
EMEA Financial Crime Team, International Compliance
Reports to (to whom the person directly reports)
Supports day-to-day anti-money laundering (AML) compliance efforts for the Company as they relate to regulatory requirements, with a focus on AML transaction surveillance and Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR)
- Review and investigate transaction monitoring alerts in a timely manner, ensuring adherence to policy, processes and controls
- Ensure adequate records of investigations are maintained
- Ensure alerts are independently overseen with evidence maintained of sign off or further investigation
- Promptly raise suspicious activity reports as required following investigation of alerts
- Work with the business as required during the investigation process
- Attend meetings / workshops as required in relation to the transaction monitoring system
- Assist with the logging and investigation of suspicious activity reports, as they relate to the alerts investigated
- Assist, as required by manager, to monitor the effectiveness of the system and suggest system and procedural improvements
- Assist with the development of management information (MI) in relation to transaction monitoring alerts to ensure early warning escalation of issues, including the potential for backlogs and non-adherence to policy
- Assist with ad-hoc projects in relation to transaction monitoring as required.
Suspicious Activity Reporting
- Record, review and investigate SARs received as directed by manager
- Help develop and enhance SAR MI for presentation to relevant committees
- Adhere to policy, procedures, processes and control
- Raise Incidents Reports (IRs) as required following investigation of alerts and liaise with US SAR Control in respect of reports raised
- Assist with filing reports with external agencies (NCA etc) as required following investigation and approval by MLRO.
- Assist in the development of departmental MI
- Assist in and performance of other tasks and projects as directed by MLRO
Bachelor s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- 3-5 years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience with Financial Services Industry regulations, compliance operations or auditing preferred.
- Experience with financial services compliance and/or experience with the assigned products, services or business lines/areas and the pertaining laws, regulations and rules of relevant regulators preferred.
associated skill level)
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving ability and attention to detail;
- Excellent IT skills (in particular Microsoft Office)
- Experience with AML transaction surveillance systems
Monday to Friday 35 hour week
Direct reports (if any)
- Annual Holiday – 25 Days, plus bank holidays and the ability to purchase a further 5 days
- Pension – 12% employer contribution
- Life Assurance, Income protection and Medical Insurance
- Education Assistance
- Cycle to work
- Health screening
- Season ticket loans
- Recognition and service awards
- 2 volunteering days per annum