Location: Nevetts, Bowling Green Lane, Buntingford, Hertfordshire, SG9 9DF
Salary Range: £18,795 up to £20,344pa (£9.74 up to £10.54) depending on experience plus Market Forces Payment £1300 pro rata (non contractual)* subject to criteria – Plus enhancement for working nights
Hours: 37 hours per week and flexible hours available
Contract: 1 year Fixed term contract
- THIS POSITION WILL INCLUDE WEEKEND WORKING AND SHIFT WORK PATTERNS -
Due to difficult times regarding Covid-19, Hertfordshire County Council are re-opening Nevetts care home in Buntingford, in the coming weeks.
At Nevetts, we will be caring for people with various illnesses, needing to leave hospital but not ready to return home.
Every effort will be put in place to safeguard both staff and residents during this difficult time and we are committed to ensure that we are abiding by the government’s guidance on how to work safely in social care.
In return, we’ll give you all the training, support and development opportunities you need to make the most of this rewarding role and achieve your individual career goals, through our industry leading training and employee welfare programmes.
Nearest Bus Stop: Edwinstree C of E Middle School
About the job:
- To support service users, in line with their support plans, including people with physical needs to maximise and maintain their independence.
- Promote good practice, undertake medication duties, including administration and recording
- To be responsible for handling of service users finances in line with support plans.
- Support service users to maintain their home environment
- Participate in improving the quality of service experienced by the people we support.
- The ability to reflect on your own experiences and practice to build professional relationships with service users, family carers and other agencies in order to understand the needs and rights of disabled adults.
- Confident in the use of a computer to organise and record information clearly and accurately.
- Always aware of risks and how they can be minimised ensuring the health and safety of colleagues and the people you support.
Feel free to call and discuss your suitability on 01438 844 435.
*This is a rolling advert and candidates will be contacted as and when they apply*
What we can offer you:
- A varied and stimulating range of work and the opportunity to join a highly regarded team committed to continuously improving and delivering exciting innovative opportunities.
- We are committed to developing and offering ongoing support, including the opportunity to work towards your RQF qualifications.
- Herts Rewards – giving you great shopping discounts and local offers (e.g. Asda, Sainsburys, New Look, M&S).
- Incredibly generous Local Government Pension Scheme.
- Support Groups and wellbeing schemes
English Fluency: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
Disability Confident: We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer and guarantee an interview to anyone disclosing a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post.