As Quantity Surveyor you will
· Prepare tender and contract documents, estimates, cost plans, bills of quantities, specifications and schedule of rates for new build, improvements and maintenance work.
· Undertake cost analysis
· Perform risk, value management and cost control
· Advise on a procurement strategy
· Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
· Prepare and analyse costings for tenders
· Allocate work to subcontractors; value completed work and arrange payments
· Agree interim and final accounts with contractors, suppliers and consultants including the resolution of contractual claims and settlement of contracts.
· Undertake financial checks and maintain financial controls and monitor costs of schemes against budget.
· Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or a related discipline.
· You will have 5+ years' experience as a Quantity Surveyor
· Strong working knowledge of contract documents, construction practices & techniques - specifically JCT forms of contract.
· Ability to interpret & make calculations based on drawings. Flexible & professional approach to work, self-motivated, confident & organised.
· Sound IT skills including Microsoft Office & Excel.
For more information or to discuss in confidence, please apply by clicking “Apply Now” and a member of the specialist team will be in contact.
Donard Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Donard Recruitment operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business on behalf of our clients.
30 July 2020
Job Reference Number: