The Chef de Partie will assist the Sous Chef in managing all catering functions and the delivery of Hotel Services within Jewish Care’s Homes and Community Centres. The Chef de Partie may oversee one area of the kitchen and will be responsible for the effective delivery of food services and customer care to an excellent standard. Accountable for maintaining food standards, meeting Health & Safety Regulations, handling finances and managing/developing a team with effective communication.
Principal Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- To ensure all food hygiene and Health & Safety practices are monitored, standards met and recorded in line with organisational Policies and current legislation
- Ensure all food produced is to the agreed standard, developing innovative approaches to ensure market trends and cultural requirements are met
- To work within Unit controls in line with the budget set as directed by their Line Manager
- City & Guilds 7061/7062 or equivalent qualification
- Health & Hygiene NVQ Level 2
- Proficient in English
- Proven experience as a Chef in the Hospitality industry, preferably a multi-site operation
- Able to prioritise and manage own workload to meet deadlines
- A team player
- Knowledge of dietary requirements, for example gluten free, allergen awareness
- Can produce a varied menu according to cultural requirements
- Minimum of 12 months work experience in the Hospitality industry
Jewish Care is a leading communal organisation and the largest health and social care charity for the Jewish community in the UK, caring for nearly 7,000 people every week including older people with dementia, disabilities, mental health needs, Holocaust survivors and many more. We are proud to be a multi award-winning organisation, receiving prestigious awards that include The Skills for Care Best Employer for over 250 people, and The Investors in People Gold standard.
Why you’ll love working with us
No matter how old or young you are, if you want to make a difference where it’s needed most, see what we have to offer. On top of providing some of the most competitive rates of pay in the care industry, we give some excellent benefits including: 4% employer contribution pension, training, free meals, childcare vouchers, eye tests, employee referral bonus, and a generous mileage allowance for work – the list goes on!
We are a team of many different backgrounds and cultures
Jewish Care is the leading health and social care charity serving the Jewish community in the UK. Though our clients are all of a similar religious tradition, our staff represent diverse cultures and faiths, bringing their own unique perspectives and individuality to their roles.
Please be aware that this vacancy will close, once a sufficient number of suitable candidates have been identified therefore, we would recommend that you submit your application as early as possible. To request a full job description, please email