We currently have the opportunity to recruit an Electrician at our clients site in Caerphilly.
Based in Caerphilly, they are recognised as being one of the strongest brands in the construction industry and supplies builder's merchants, housing developers and distributors throughout the UK and overseas with technically superior products.
As an Electrician on site, you will report to the Maintenance Engineer and support the Operations team by performing any necessary repairs: undertaking preventative maintenance activities and facilitating the promotion of engineering solutions for process improvement to ensure process availability, quality and productivity are all optimised.
The role exists to effectively maximise engineering availability to optimise unit production to meet the annual plan objectives for the works, which in turn ensures customer satisfaction on delivery and the profit levels of the business objectives.
In this capacity, your key responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Maintain and repair processing machinery and ancillary equipment in a safe and productive manner in order to maximise availability at optimum cost; to good standards of workmanship and in conformance with all Company standards and procedures.
- Contribute to the determination and coordination of preventative maintenance programmes to ensure that unplanned downtime is avoided.
- Understand, deploy and seek to recommend improvements to production control procedures to support team performance objectives.
- Ensure that team operations, including those undertaken on the Company's behalf by third party service providers, are conducted in a manner that fully complies with Tata health & safety, quality, environmental and corporate policies.
- Be actively involved in own personal development plans to maximise performance in the role and the contribution to succession requirements of the business.
- Where required, contribute to team level annual operational and financial budgets that secure the resources necessary to achieve agreed work programmes.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will need to be a time served Electrician, and ideally be qualified to HNC level (or equivalent) in an appropriate electrical engineering discipline.
Previous experience in a manufacturing or factory environment is also a requirement of the role, as is previous experience of works processes and control systems. You will also require the following:
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, drive and commitment.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to ever changing demands.
- Ability to work safely under pressure and to tight timescales.
- Good all round education with string numeracy and literacy.
- Must be able to demonstrate a proactive approach to safety.
- An in depth knowledge of PLC's is an advantage.
Our client offers their employees significant benefits packages. For this role, you will benefit from:
- 35 days holidays per annum as standard (may vary dependent on shift pattern)
- Annual Pay Review
- Annual Bonus Scheme - subject to business performance
- One of the UK's leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.