What sort of work would I be involved in?
You will be involved in a wide range of tasks, across multiple projects and diverse product portfolio. Your role will focus on designing and developing Firmware designs using VHDL; verifying designs using either VHDL or SystemVerilog and working to a structured firmware design process.
Great work life balance.
Life shouldn't be all work and no play. That's why we offer brilliant benefits like half days on Fridays, flexible hours, gym memberships, and many other incentives to make life great. Not to forget, our award-winning pension scheme.
Note, that due to the nature of the tasks involved, you will have to achieve full SC security clearance, and may need to satisfy further UK eyes only and ITAR conditions.
Key Responsibility Areas
You will be responsible for;
- Creating innovative and robust VHDL based designs; fully documenting and recording your work products; keeping them under configuration management, and providing progress reports.
- Design and develop Firmware designs using VHDL; verify designs using either VHDL or SystemVerilog and work to a structured firmware design process.
- Work closely and liaise with Systems, Hardware and Software engineers in order to resolve real integration problems on complex systems.
- Opportunity to peer review designs, supervise a small team of engineers and be responsible for planning and managing both individual and team workloads. This will include coaching more junior team members and making sure there's a robust engineering solution for the team's work packages.
We encourage our Engineers to find and follow their passion. We offer fantastic opportunities for learning, development and professional growth. Your career will be massively varied. Join us, and you will be constantly reinventing and developing your technical skillset from one project to the next. Learning on the job isn't just a benefit – it's a must.
Where is our Edinburgh site?
The Leonardo site is at Crewe Toll in the North West of Edinburgh, a 10-15 minute bus ride from the city centre. You will be working within a vibrant capital city, with excellent transport links and walking distance to various key destinations. Free parking is provided on site.
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
More experienced applicants will have experience and knowledge in the following areas - however we welcome all applicants with varying degrees of exposure to the below:
- Broad experience of the majority of product lifecycle phases.
- Proven team leadership skills within a specialist technical environment.
- Proven track record delivering engineering solutions on time, cost and performance
- Work package management, including; plans and estimates, scheduling and risk management processes
- Research and development of new technologies/ tools/ processes within design, development and manufacture for high reliability products
- Technical support to sub-contracts and engineering interface with manufacturing.
- Experience across design for manufacture and cost
- Previous experience in related technologies is preferred (RF/Microwave, Packaging, PCA design for example)