Newry – Commutable from Armagh, Banbridge, Newcastle, Dundalk
Salary and Benefits – £38,000 - £40,000
Are you a Health & safety manager looking for a new job in the Newry area? Have you experience in managing safety and environmental systems in a manufacturing environment?
I am currently looking to recruit a Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) Manager to support the operations of this Newry based manufacturer. The role will be group based at their two sites in Newry and Monaghan with travel to both sites.
As SHEQ Manager you will develop ownership and a proactive approach to all SHEQ related matters, while ensuring the implementation of the Safety Management System is always adhered to.
As part of the Senior Management team the SHEQ Manager you will be responsible for the following.
- Provide operational support for the operational teams implementing operational ownership of Health and Safety
- Ensure a positive culture to incident reporting, ensuring all incidents are properly investigated and root causes found.
- Monitoring and measuring of SHEQ KPI’s
- Implementation of best practice through clear lines of communication
- Maintenance and development of the Safety, Environmental & Quality Systems
- BSc/ Degree in Occupational, Health and Safety or NEBOSH or NCRQ Certificate
- Experience of working to ISO standards such as 9001, 14,001, 45001
- Attention to detail and driven towards continuous improvement
- Good communications skills - written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills and man-management
Salary is negotiable circa £40,000 depending on experience along with a pension & additional holidays, subsidised canteen and other employee benefits.
How do I apply?
This role would suit an experienced Health & Safety professional with a strong manufacturing background. If you're interested, please apply now and I will get back in touch for a confidential chat.
Michael Smith Recruitment