The Amazon Freight product allows Shippers to use Amazon's transportation network to transport products in bulk across Europe. This is an innovative technology driven solution for the shipping needs of small and large businesses and is scaling rapidly as an offering. Amazon Freight is a part of the Amazon Transportation Services organisation in Europe which is a cutting-edge supply chain technology organisation and responsible for many of Amazon's best-in-class logistics offerings.
We are looking for a London based Senior Business Intelligence Analyst for the Amazon Freight team. This person will partner with the Amazon Freight's Business Development Managers and Operations Team, responsible for growing and scaling the Business, to help them deliver their objectives across all KPIs.
The Business Intelligence Analyst shall work in a cross-functional environment with the Planning Team, Transportation Operations Teams, and several others to determine future demand and transportation prices which could translates into saving opportunities, using their skills in advanced analytics and statistical modelling.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Understanding existing analytical simulations and assessments and suggesting the business impact of the trends to enable decisions that make sense based on available data
· Creating pricing and forecasting models and develop the desired pricing strategy and simulations to drive savings and efficiency in the transportation operations
· Extracting and reporting data from numerous databases (using Excel, Access, SQL, Redshift and / or other data management systems) and performing ad hoc reporting and analysis as required
· Communicating with external customers (Carriers, Vendors / Suppliers) and internal customers (Finance, Software Support, Fulfillment Centers)
· 3-5 years of experience in similar Business Analytics roles
· BA or BS in Engineering, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or another technical field
· Experience in delivering and influencing business processes using data analysis, including predictive modeling
· Experience with statistical analysis, various types of regression modeling and forecasting, time series analysis and data mining using software such as R, SQL, Python, SAS or SPSS
· Proficiency with Tableau, Microsoft Excel and VBA for developing interactive reports and advanced data visualizations.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to adapt complex topics for audiences across the organization and hierarchy levels
· Ability to communicate across all levels of management and excellent verbal and written skills in English
· Experience with analytical concepts within transportation e.g. pricing strategy / analytics, forecasting, planning, optimization
· Experience developing and growing a business / start-up / association