Established in 1994, Axis Security has grown to become one of the UK’s leading security companies. Axis Security offers a wide range of professional security services which include manned guarding, reception services, mobile patrols, key holding, remote monitoring, and security systems.
Axis Security has been named Security Guarding Company of the Year at the 2020 Security Excellence Awards (SEA) years.
Axis Security also won the award for ACS Champion of the year in 2017 for its commitment to raising standards and creating a safer environment.
We are an ‘Equal Opportunities’ employer.
Job title: Security Officer
Location: Exchange station, Liverpool City Centre, L2 2QP
Pay: £9.00 per hour
Hours: 24 Hours per week , Saturdays and Sundays (Variable) 07:00am - 19:00pm. Overtime Available
Our Security Officers are required to comply with the ‘Assignment Instructions’ to provide a safe and secure environment. They must show a high visibility security presence, but also have a warm friendly welcoming manner to all who attend the site.
They will be expected to undertake a collection of security duties, including control access and egress of contractors and visitors.
- Punctuality: - Arrives before the shift start time, books on duty and is active on site at the shift start time, complying with ‘Assignment Instructions’.
- Communication: - Is polite at all times, demonstrates quality customer service, has the ability to communicate clearly and concisely. Escalates any issues of concern or risk to the relevant management.
- Deters Crime:- Appears focused and alert, seeks to identify potential risks and takes action to mitigate any threat.
- Maintains DOB:- Completes an entry for each day, documents license declaration, records breaks and all relevant daily operational information.
- Dress Code:- Is dressed in required uniform including correct shoes. Maintains good personal hygiene and cleanliness of uniform.
To be suitable, the tasks shall be as follows:
- General Security duties of a large city centre building
- Building patrolling
- To meet and greet all visitors promptly, using the correct protocols to ensure that each visitor feels special and cared for. To use name recognition upon arrival to all visitors and when bidding farewell.
- Ensure that an exceptional level of service is maintained at all times to both reception areas and meeting suites, including contacting the meeting hosts.
- Ensuring that the guests and hosts are taken care of offering excellent customer care skills at all times.
- Maintain the reception area to ensure a professional appearance
- Build and maintain a current, working knowledge of all policies, procedures, systems and developments, as well as general information, in order to be able to provide staff and visitors with information as required.
- To maintain a smart appearance and comply with Axis Security general policy with regards to dress code/uniform.
- Answering all incoming telephone calls using the correct protocols. To ensure that accurate messages are relayed efficiently via email to the correct person. Always ensure that the caller is announced before transferring a call.
- To maintain close working relationships with the relevant Building Management team and to coordinate efforts with respect to matters such as Emergency Procedures, Building Safety, Fire and Bomb threat evacuations.
- Ensure that there is a thorough hand over at the completion of each shift with Security personnel.
- View internal and external CCTV cameras
- Frontline SIA Licence
- Smart immaculate presentation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time keeping skills.
- Great customer care skills and attention to detail.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office software, including word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Competent in the use of Intranet and intranet tools.
- Ability to operate and interpret bespoke client system (i.e. telephone etc…)
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task.