We’re looking for candidates who have had previous experience taking overall responsibility for technical delivery on a project and have proven problem-solving skills. We’re keen to find someone who shares our passion for pushing the boundaries of software engineering to create outstanding products.
The Project Delivery Team work on bespoke projects, leveraging the core ZeroLight technologies to deliver on and exceed customer expectations. This role will lead these projects, liaising with our automotive clients and developing a team of talented engineers from graduate to senior level whilst upholding the ZeroLight values of innovation and quality first.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a leading role within the award-winning ZeroLight team, working at the forefront of 3D technology with our world class technology partners such as Amazon, NVIDIA, and Microsoft and delivering projects for some of the biggest automotive brands in the business such as Cadillac, Audi and Lamborghini.
Take a look around our state of the art studio on Newcastle Quayside, and visit our blog for more information on our unique company culture.
- Lead the development of automotive projects, taking overall responsibility for the technical delivery of products.
- Manage a team of engineers, including recruitment of key team members, developing individual skillsets and supporting career development.
- Effectively communicate technical progress and development with clients, working alongside the Project Manager to ensure clear communication of project status at all times.
- Develop, write, test and debug visual experiences and associated authoring tools.
- Write clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Designing and implementing solutions to challenging technical problems.
- Regularly report progress to Line Manager as well as be able to present solutions to peers.
- Support and promote the ZeroLight quality first ethos.
- Experienced technical project lead with proven ability to own and deliver all aspects of software projects from concept to implementation.
- Previous experience communicating directly with clients - managing expectations and translating complex technical requirements.
- Enthusiastic team leader, with the ability to recruit, develop and support engineers to work to a high level.
- Experience of developing different application types - mobile, desktop, web etc.
- Ability to write well-structured, high level code with consideration for both maintainability and optimisation.
- The ideal candidate has experience of dealing with large multi-national customers and the intricacies that this entails.
- Experience of working in Unity.
- Experience with modern web app frameworks like React.
- Experience of maintaining any online services.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Additional languages likely to be useful.
- Brand new state of the art studios on Newcastle’s famous Quayside.
- Fully fitted kitchen area with high spec coffee machine.
- Free fruit, healthy snacks, soft drinks, chocolate and crisps.
- Access to ZeroLight’s unique wellbeing initiative ZLWell.
- Employee Assistance Program with free counselling sessions.
- Up to two-hour lunch break.
- Lunchtime activities including running club, badminton league and swimming.
- Recreation area with pool, table tennis and an outside terrace overlooking the River Tyne.
- Well stocked beer fridge for after work drinks.
- Flexible working hours which allow you to start work any time between 8am – 10am each morning and leave between 4pm – 6pm.
- Wide range of activities including Board Games night, ZeroLight Quiz, themed parties and group outings organised by our ZLSocial group.
- Book share scheme.
- Opportunities to present University technical talks and speak at local events.
- Cycle to work scheme (with showers in the studio).
- Contributory Pension Scheme with Royal London.
- Life Assurance Scheme.
- Childcare Voucher Scheme.
- 25 days holiday rising to 30 days on length of service, and all bank holidays.
- Extra free days holiday at Christmas to ensure a long break over the festive period.
- Official ZeroLight Events including Friend & Family Day, Summer Day and our famous all expenses paid Christmas Party.
- Access to external training, mentoring, travel opportunities and conference attendance.
- Ongoing performance management via our ZLTalent platform with regular reviews and feedback and clear development pathways.
- Annual salary review.
- Free eye test and contribution towards glasses.