Are you interested in joining a leading, innovative software company to progress your career within account management?
CSG Talent have partnered with a leading provider of supply chain and logistics software solutions who have acted as the trusted provider for companies looking for greater optimization, visibility, and traceability in their supply chain for over 30 years.
As a result of continued investment into its UK division, our client is looking to hire an Account Manager to oversee a number of core accounts for the company in the UK, with aspirations to grow and develop the role into a Key Account Manager position as the candidate gains more experienced.
The role will be focused on the sale of supply chain solutions into a core customer base, whereby you will develop strong commercial relationships with key accounts within the transport and logistics sector.
As an account manager your focus will be to build long lasting relationships with your customer base and develop strong commercial relationships built on trust and quality results.
- Support and solve any problems for clients by understanding and exceeding their expectations
- Illustrate the value of products and services to create growth opportunities; compile and analyse data to identify trends
- Participate in idea generation with colleagues and client, to increase account performance
- Perform prospecting activities such as cold calling and networking
- Follow up with clients regularly to ensure needs are being met and identify opportunities.
- Maintain a database of clients, prospects, partners, and vendors
You will be a strong communicator that enjoys building relations with clients and even if difficult conversations need to be had, you will not shy away from them. If you have previous experience with account management including making introductory calls with the aim of converting these cold calls into clients that this would be beneficial. Additional competencies that will be required are as follows:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience making introductory calls leading to further business engagement
- Able to respond to customer requirements in a professional manner
- Natural ability to build long term relationships
- Experience selling technology solutions
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets
- Ability to manage multiple accounts while still spotting new opportunities
- Willingness to travel as needed to meet with clients and prospects (if required)
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related discipline