Reporting directly to the Head of Engineering you will be responsible for executing allocated Verification Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints, ensuring that the Verification and Validation strategy and plans across all projects are well defined, consistent, achievable and followed.
The Test Team Lead is an acknowledged company expert and is required to apply this expertise across more than one project at a time.
You will form the primary point of contact for all verification and validation activities for both the internal and external project teams and will include significant amounts of customer/supplier contact.
You will be responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified legislative and customer requirements, by:
Managing all aspects of Verification and Validation Team, including:
- Definition of V&V Governance, Policy and Procedures
- Resourcing of projects to meet forward loads and contractual milestones
- Planning and implementing test schedules across multiple projects
- Recruitment (Contractors and/or Permanent Employees)
- Annual Appraisals of Team Members
- Identification of Training needs
- Organisation of Legislative Requirements verification using 3rd party test facilities
- Definition and control Project Work Packages
- Estimation of Test activities for large and small scale projects
- Chairing Design review both internally and those with external stakeholder participation
- Direction and day to day running of the overall V&V Team
- Monitoring and supervision of in-house and/or external testing
- Ensuring the verification activities adequately detail test scenarios and scripts to fully verify requirements
- Assessment of verification project specific documentation to ensure it conforms with Company procedures
- Specifying and implementing test solutions
- Controlling and reviewing work of the members of the V&V team
- You will ensure that the Test Team is adequately staffed to meet project demands
- You will provide leadership to the V&V team and across other relevant Cyber Security projects.
- You will ensure that the customer is kept informed and kept appraised of all project related test and verification matters.
- Appropriate tools and techniques are selected and used to test and integrate equipment to company standards and to customer specifications. Where required, Special to Type Test Equipment (hardware and/or software) is developed in accordance with company standards.
- Team members receive technical guidance in tools and techniques used for Verification and Validation work.
- The stakeholders in the project are provided with a primary point of contact through which all Verification and Validation decisions will be authorised.
- Delivery of Project Milestones Success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development life cycle.
- A successful track record of working in a Management position and leading a Verification and Validation team
- Experienced engineer, fully versed in test methodologies for their field.
- Familiar with test, integration, verification and validation methods for software and hardware product development
- Familiar with EU Directives for EMC and Low Voltage
- Have an understanding of the application of relevant harmonised standards to meet CE/UKCA Marking requirements
- Be skilled in product Verification & Validation for four or more of the following:
- Cryptographic Key Management and Distribution Systems
- Cryptographic Devices
- Secure Communications Systems
- Secure Communications Network Devices
- Windows hosted software applications
- Embedded software applications
- TEMPEST approval of equipment
- CE approval of equipment
Many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need. We can't promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
Please let us know if you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for the selection process - you can share this with the Recruitment Business Partner who gets in touch if you are invited to interview. Examples of this may include (but is not exclusive to) accessible facilities; auxiliary aids; room layout etc. Any information disclosed will be treated in the strictest confidence.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.