Airbus are looking for an Experienced Design Engineer / Principle Design Engineer to oversee day-to-day activities for a small design team.
You will be joining the Mechanical Design Office (MDO) at Airbus Defence & Space in Stevenage and carry out Lead Designer activities for Spacecraft Structure design tasks. You will oversee day to day activities for a small team of Design Engineers ensuring all customer requirements are supported.
Task & accountabilities:
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the control, correctness, accuracy and relevance of all
- Authorising design signatory for manufacturing drawings, BoM's and ECO's related to the allocated project.
- Administer the release of drawings, BOM's & ECO's related to the allocated project.
- Responsibility for the estimation and planning of DO related activities and manpower requirements to meet those tasks. Allocation of manpower is sought through the Team Leader.
- Supervising and mentoring of other DO design engineers working on the project.
- Providing support to other general DO activities, e.g. Process improvements, bids etc.
- Strong Engineering & technical background including working knowledge of GD&T (Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing) and DFM (Design for Manufacture)
- Practical understanding of Design solutions.
- Desirable skills / experience are of interest, but NOT essential as training / support will be provided.
- Experience managing a small team.
- Experience managing work packages, dealing with budgets and headcount requirements.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.