From voice control features that let you tell your car to play music or make a phone call, to the most advanced EcoBoost engine technology, Ford vehicles are a Technician’s dream, you’ll have the chance to drive the standard in customer care that’s because you’re as smart as the technology you’ll be working with, and leave no stone unturned to get the job done for the customer in double-quick time and to the highest standards.
In return you will have the attitude to make it happen and scrupulous attention to detail, you’ll enjoy lots of rewards, from a performance-related bonus, to 33 days’ holiday and ongoing training to keep you up to speed with the latest technical developments. To join us, you’ll need an NVQ 3, City & Guilds or equivalent and Service Technician experience as a minimum. Ideally, you’ll also have an MOT testing qualification and some main dealership experience. You’ll definitely have the smarts.
So what do we look for from you?
- An NVQ 3, City & Guilds or equivalent,
- Service Technician experience and ideally, you’ll also have some main dealership experience
- An MOT testing qualification is desirable but this isn’t essential.
- A full valid driving licence as a minimum
- What is vital is that you have the attention to detail to keep standards sky high, and the team spirit that will see you working closely with everyone from the workshop controller and parts department to your fellow technicians.
In addition to receiving a competitive salary, for the right candidate this position will offer:
- Industry leading package bonus scheme with uncapped earnings
- 33 days annual leave (including bank holidays) in addition to an annual leave purchase & sale scheme
- Pension Scheme & Life Assurance
- Ford Privilege vehicle purchase scheme
- Discount on Service, Bodyshop and Parts
- 1 day each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Cycle to work purchase scheme
- Access to Perks at Work discount website
When completing your application please give specific detail of your experience, skills and previous responsibilities that you believe would be relevant to the role you are applying for.
TrustFord is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any grounds other than ability to carry out the job role.
Should you wish to discuss this position in more detail please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and we will arrange for the recruiting Manager to contact you directly.
We advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will contact agencies from our Preferred Supplier List. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.