Up to £50,000 + Benefits
My client is a multi-disciplinary Environmental & Health & Safety consultancy, operating from a network of modern officed located across the UK. Having built an excellent reputation within the Health and Safety Market, our client has established themselves as a knowledgeable and award-winning partner of choice to a range of clients.
Due to on-going expansion, they are looking to recruit a commercially aware Senior CDM Consultant/Principal Designer to join their close-knit team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an driven and passionate individual who is seeking their next challenge, as the successful hire will play a key role in driving the business forward by leading the CDM division and assisting with the growth of the department.
This role is remote based and applications will be accepted from all locations within commutable distance to Bedfordshire.
Key Duties of the Senior CDM Consultant/Principal Designer:
- Provide CDM advisor and Principal Designer support to clients, advising on all H&S and CDM2015 regulations
- Carry out audits of clients Health & Safety procedures and management systems
- Carry out accident investigations when required
- Produce formal policies and procedures to be issued to clients
- Carry out construction site audits and produce site audit reports
- Carry out fire risk assessments on domestic and commercial properties
- Ensure all Health & Safety documentation is fully compliant with current legislation
- Act as the first point of contact for all aspects of CDM regulation and legislation compliance for client, contractor and designer
- Playing a key part in the growth of the CDM department
- NEBOSH Construction/General certificate
- A minimum of five years’ experience working as a principal designer and in construction health & safety
- Excellent working knowledge of CDM2015 and H&S legislation
- TechIOSH or GradIOSH membership
- Membership of APS (The Association of Project Safety)
- Full driving license with a flexible approach to travel
- Excellent client facing skills with the ability to understand clients’ needs
- Design qualification
- Good commercial acumen
- Strong leadership skills
Similar Job Titles: Principal Designer, Health & Safety Advisor, CDM Consultant, CDM Advisor
Commutable locations: Royal Leamington Spa, Birmingham, Northampton, Leicester, Kettering, Burton Upon Trent, Loughborough, Banbury, Wolverhampton, Cannock, Stoke-On-Trent, Nottingham, Milton Keynes, Coventry, Rugby, Nuneaton, Luton, Cambridge, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, East Midlands, West Midlands.