Based: High Wycombe head office, and remote (approximately 50/50)
Term: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £40k basic, plus £5k OTE.
As the Focusrite Pro Marketing Manager, you will own the marketing strategy for Focusrite Pro, covering all segments and verticals in which the brand operates. You will have the ultimate goal of building and maintaining the best possible understanding of our customers and market trends in order to deliver an effective campaign roadmap to meet the ambitious sales and growth targets of the division.
Core responsibilities include;
- Lead and drive the execution of an engaging Focusrite Pro marketing strategy to grow our core user base, expand into new markets and increase lifetime value of our customers; ultimately delivering against agreed revenue targets.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a campaign and activity roadmap to deliver this strategy. This will include launching new products, sustaining existing products already in market and building brand awareness and advocacy.
- Develop a thorough understanding of our customer groups and champion this across the business – you should become the voice of our customers.
- Work closely with the Product team to create and continually optimise our product messaging; starting from the very initial product concept and ideation stage.
- Constantly monitor product performance with the Sales Team using all data available and quickly identifying products that are underperforming vs. our expectation, putting in place plans to remedy this.
- Review and approve marketing assets to ensure they deliver on the original brief, represent the brand accordingly and deliver on your vision.
- Ensure clear and effective communication of the Focusrite Pro marketing strategy and roadmap to the whole company, with a focus on our Territory Sales & Marketing and Product teams.
- Regularly track over time, give updates on, and lead key presentations around our marketing performance to date, market trends, customer/behavioral trends and upcoming plans.
- Lead the Focusrite Pro marketing budgeting process annually, and report of progress against this throughout the year.
- 3+ years marketing experience in a similar role, within the Pro Audio industry
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent qualification) in marketing or related field
- Strong understanding of and passion for the music-making industry, our target customers and our product ranges
- Demonstrable experience of delivering successful demand generation and growth marketing campaigns
- A track record of balancing strong story-telling with the commercial needs of the business
- Hands-on, practical experience with all major marketing channels
- Experience in analysing multiple data streams (quantitative and qualitative) and translating into actionable insight
- Exceptional communication, influencing and collaboration skills
- A proven leader with the and ability to drive actions through others
- A self-starter and determined problem solver who is not afraid to challenge in the right way
Our audio technology brands stand together, seeking to enrich lives through music by removing barriers to creativity. We want to create opportunities for everyone to enjoy making music, from musicians trying to capture their unique sound, to the professionals delivering the greatest shows on earth. The Focusrite Group has an illustrious history with four Queen's Awards for Enterprise among a host of other accolades. We comprise six successful and rapidly growing brands: Focusrite, Focusrite Pro, Martin Audio, ADAM Audio, Novation and Ampify Music. With a high-quality reputation and a rich heritage spanning over four decades, our brands continue to shape the music-making world.
Focusrite leads that world in audio interfacing technology – more musicians record through Focusrite than any other brand. The Focusrite Pro team are focussed on the complex needs of the audio professional for whom sound is not just a passion, but a way of life. Martin Audio have been uniting audiences for almost five decades with their awe-inspiring touring and installation loudspeaker systems. Based in Berlin, ADAM Audio are precision innovators in the field of professional monitoring and loudspeaker technology, made famous by their unique ART ribbon tweeter. Novation is obsessed with helping electronic music makers find new ways to produce and perform new music. Born out of that team and based in Tileyard, King's Cross, London, Ampify Music make innovative music-making apps that are highly accessible, yet extendable and deep.
Music technology is an enriching space to work in, and that's not about to change. We embrace its evolution, and that means remaining open to new ideas. We enjoy a Group-wide open-door culture, where we can all contribute and everyone is heard as we grow and develop, both as individuals and as a team. We encourage innovation and fresh-thinking and are passionate about the inspirational solutions we create. Behind our success is a tightly knitted, like-minded family of music and audio lovers. We're always pulling together to try and make a difference; our frequent appearance in 'The Sunday Times 100 Best Small Companies to Work For' is testament to this.
As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage people to apply regardless of religion, ethnic background, nationality, sexual orientation or gender identity. We recognise the diversity shortcomings of our industry and are committed to driving change. Equally, we recognise the major impact that climate change is having on our world and work every day towards being industry leaders in a carbon neutral future.
Benefits include flexible working, home working, company pension, life insurance, private healthcare, employee purchase scheme, company music events, offsite company parties and free breakfast/lunch in the canteen. We arrange company training sessions, hold making things easy days, encourage personal development training, run lunch and learns and facilitate external visits.