You will work as part of a team of five employment lawyers deliver pragmatic advice and solutions in relation to complex employment law matters.You will work as part of a team providingprofessional and pro-active employment law support to internal customers and ensure compliance with the company'spolicies and procedures.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to work as part of the Head Office Legal function, reporting into the Chief Counseland working closely with relevant stakeholders across the business, developing strong business relationships.You will be expected to work as a true SME within employment law using your expertise to partner with the businesses.
- Providing in depth, professional and pro-active employment law support on a cross business and business specific basis to internal customers (whether HR/Legal or other).
- Providing training on employment law and policy to various functional and business areas.
- Contributing to the wider BAE Systems legal function as and when required.
- Assisting in the efficient use of external counsel.
- You will already be a qualified solicitor or barrister practicing employment law.There is no fixed PQE for this role but the successful candidate will likely be between 1-4 years PQE.
- Employment law experience at a leading law firm or with appropriate in house experience.
- Experience of delivering practical guidance and advice to HR, legal and other functions
- You will be a real team player. You won't be the finished product - as a relatively junior lawyer you'll still have lots to learn.
- The successful candidate will enjoy the support of a team of employment lawyers helping to deliver expert legal advice.You will be hard working, enjoy a challenge and have the interpersonal skills to develop relationships across the legal function and wider business.
A competitive salary and benefits package and the chance to work with an international market leader. Benefits package includes: competitive pension scheme, company car or cash equivalent, enhanced annual leave allowance and a Company contributed Share Incentive Plan. Additional benefits include:employee assistance programme, Cycle2work and many local and national employee discounts. You will also be entitled to participate in the company's Annual Incentive Plan.
For a confidential discussion or to submit an application for this active position, please click on the Apply Button below.