Our client is a medium sized engineering consultancy specialising in the field of flood risk, rivers, coastal and drainage engineering. They work with a variety of clients including the Environment Agency, Natural Resources Wales, local authorities and private developers.
Our client is seeking a Principal Flood Risk Engineer to lead and manage a range of flood risk management engineering projects. The role is technical in focus however does offer the right candidate the opportunity to develop and build an engineering team, focus on business development and mentor junior engineers.
- Experience working in a consultancy environment and undertaking design for flood risk management schemes.
- Experience in fluvial, coastal or drainage engineering design.
- Experience of developing business cases.
- Experience of project management.
- Familiar with CDM Regulations.
- Excellent communication skills for working with clients and internal team members.
- Experience of commercial bids and tenders.
- Experience in the following software would be beneficial but not essential: EurOtop 2, AutoCad, MS Project.
- Applicants should have an engineering degree
- Applicants should be Chartered of close to becoming Chartered with the ICE (or similar)
- A valid UK driving license will be required
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.