A leading Classification Society is currently recruiting for a Lead Specialist in Naval Ship Structures, working in the Marine & Offshore Structures team, to join the Southampton office.
Working as part of a small and dedicated team, the successful individual will be working on a wide variety of new-build and existing Naval Ship projects around the world.
Key duties will include;
- Working as lead technical member of the Marine & Offshore Structures team carrying out design appraisal and consultancy against a range of Class Rules and statutory codes.
- Taking the lead in establishing creative solutions for a variety of complex structural problems through direct calculations and application of Company Rules and Regulations & other International standards and codes.
- Mentoring, coaching and developing other employees, as appropriate, to achieve effective knowledge transfer and application.
- Providing specialist technical advice to internal and external clients globally at a senior level, which will include designers, shipyards and other Company surveyors and specialists.
- Contributing to Rule Development Projects and Proposals to ensure Company Rules remain up to date and in line with the latest industry innovations.
- Taking the lead in the bid and win processes for new projects by accurately estimating time requirements and developing scopes of work.
- Managing complex plan approval projects including the monitoring of project progress and time spend against budget and contractual requirements.
Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status is highly desirable, along with excellent written and oral command of the English Language, as writing detailed technical reports and design appraisal documents is a key element to the role.
*You must have the right to live and work in the UK to be considered*
For a confidential career discussion, please call Michelle McGrath on 02392 228285 or email your CV to Michelle.McGrath@arm.co.uk
ARM Maritime; Your First Port of Call
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions. Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.
Advanced Resource Managers